ISIL Claims Responsibility For Attack On Belgian Police Officers

Share This Post:

Share on facebook
Share on linkedin
Share on twitter
Share on email

ISIL has claimed responsibility for Saturday’s machete attack during which two police officers were severely wounded at a security checkpoint in Charleroi, Belgium, the New York Times  (8/7, Breeden) reports. According to a statement issued Sunday by ISIL’s Amaq News Agency, a “soldier of the Islamic State” carried out the attack “in response to calls to target citizens of countries belonging to the crusader coalition.” The Wall Street Journal  (8/7, A1, Norman) reports that Belgian authorities, who have opened a terrorism investigation into the assault, said the attacker, who was shot by police and later died, has been identified as a 33-year-old Algerian who had been living in the country since 2012.

More To Explore

Has Terrorism Won?

MERCER [County PA] – On the morning that single-point entry and security screening arrived at the Mercer County Courthouse, county Commissioner Matt McConnell made a grim assessment of the action. “The terrorists won,’’ he said. Source: Mercer Harold – Michael

Empower Student Vigilance

“If You See Something, Say Something”  is the security mantra broadcast to fans attending sporting events, rock concerts and for students at schools. Schools have the ability to make it easier for everyone to see something by using the inherent resources they